Bighorn Snow Sheep – Kamchatka
Hunt for Bighorn Snow Sheep (Ovis nivicola nivicola) in Kamchatka
1. Elizovsky region, there is one good area in this region, approximately 250 km by vehicle from Petropavlovsk then 60km by all terrain vehicle to the hunting area.
2. Palana region, Kamchatskiy Sredinniy Mountain Range (the central mountain range of Kamchatka peninsular). Transportation by vehicle from Petropavlovsk to Esso approximately 9 hours then transfer to camp by helicopter (1 hour).
Wooden lodge and tent camp (1 tent for 2 hunters). There is a kitchen and a dinning tent in camp.
August and September. Duration of the trip is 13-15 days, 9-10 days hunting.
2–4 hunters, two hunters in one camp.
Hunting is done on foot and like all sheep hunting good physical condition is necessary as are good optics. Hunting is done from spike tents for 2-3 days at a time at altitudes of up to 2200 metres.
Full BrochureClick to download
Included in Hunt Cost
The following are included in the hunt cost:
- Acquiring invitation for the hunters visa.
- Assistance clearing customs.
- Rifle permits.
- Interpreter services.
- Transportation to and from camps.
- All food and accommodation.
- Hunting guides for duration of hunt.
- Field trophy preparation.
- Export permits.
- Domestic or International flights.
- Group transfer in Moscow (if necessary US$300)
- Overnight accommodation in Petropavlovsk.
- Accommodation prior to and after the hunt.
- Packaging or Shipping of your trophies.
- VIP service in Bishkek airport (US$120 per hunter)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips or gratuities to your guide or his staff.
Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during your stay, hunting is a potentially hazardous pursuit and your guide or his staff will not be held responsible for loss or injury that may occur.
We strongly advise all our hunters to arrange adequate insurance prior to leaving your home. All our hunters will be supplied with our Terms and Conditions and Indemnity Forms prior to the hunt commencement.
For current prices on all our hunts please fill in the details below.
Please note that access to many International hunting grounds may require aerial and/or unusual forms of ground transportation such as snowmobiles etc. These forms of transport can be susceptible to the effects of extreme and unforeseeable weather shifts. Hunters are therefore advised to factor in some time flexibility to allow for unforeseen events.